Francisco Tárrega‘s lovely Estudio in C Major is a great study for classical guitarists reaching the early/intermediate stage. The consistent p-i-m-a-m-i-a-m-i-a-m-i right hand pattern is one that students will grow to love and become familiar with.
For this guitar arpeggio study, you want to deliberately accent the melody. In this case, the melody is the note occurs every time the right hand ring finger plays.
This etude encompasses a variety of techniques, including:
- arpeggio speed, accuracy, consistency, and tone
- bringing out the melody with the a finger
- melodic movement in the 5th position
- hinge barres (measures 10 and 14)
- Dominant 7th chord, secondary dominants, and modulations